"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Once Again...

Hello 
(Sherrie's on the left)
I don't know if any of you remember that several years ago my sister, Sherrie, from The Ruffled Nest, was diagnosed with a cancer called Leiomyosarcoma.

 For two and a half years she has had "clear" scans, but in April an MRI showed something suspicious and a PET scan confirmed that the cancer was back.  :( 
So, Sherrie had surgery and is now in chemo again. After chemo she will do 4-6 weeks of radiation.

I have been writing Caringbridge journal entries for her. You can find her right here-
You can sign up on the site if you would like to receive text or email updates.

So, today, her and I are at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago for her 3-day inpatient chemo.

Just thought that I would do a quick update. 
 We have beautiful views from her room.
We are in the brand new "Tower".
Such a treat after staying in the older part
of the hospital after her surgery 
and for her first chemo.
So Much Nicer!
It matters!

Much Love,
Joyce

4 comments:

vintage grey said...

Thank you so much for sharing and I will be lifting Sherrie up in my prayers during this time!! Lots of love and hugs to you both!! Blessings, xo Heather

D. Jean Quarles said...

Sending happy healing thoughts and prayers to you both.

It's me said...

Love you both !!..you know that....love from me...x !

juls4real said...

My word you girls are beauties! Many heartfelt good wishes during this time. Will put you on the prayer list. xo, juls

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones